The Temple!

I am Hindu by birth and never entertained my choice on my religion. I am spiritual but not religious. I am not a believer and perhaps also not an atheist. Usually I am neutral when it comes to religious issues. I neither go overboard with religious rituals nor is it like I don’t step in to a temple. At times I do visit temple with my folks. Things I like about temples are peace and serenity. Apart from temple I had only been to church hence I cannot compare different places of worship. So when we visited Srisailem over a weekend I been to temple also as a customary visit. The temple complex, whose existing buildings date from the 2nd century AD, is the Bhramaramba Mallikarjunaswamy Temple, it is one of the 12 'Jyotirlingas' in India as well as one of the eighteen most sacred goddess shrines, or Shakti Pithas. Shiva is worshipped here in his form of Lord Mallikarjuna, and Shakti, his consort, as Sri Bharamaramba Devi. Two things I found unusual here; first the shivling was submerged in water and every visitor was suppose to get a water kalash full of water and pour (I could not recall better word here) it in the small water reservoir , in the middle of which shivling is situated , I presume. Another unusual finding was ticket for darshan of a palna in a sheeshmahal kind of place.
Tthis temple has a shrichakra also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eats, Shoots and Leaves !!

The impatient generation!!